swisspeace is a practice-oriented peace research institute. swisspeace contributes to the improvement of conflict prevention and conflict transformation by producing innovative research, shaping discourses on international peace policy, developing and applying new peacebuilding tools and methodologies, supporting and advising other peace actors, as well as by providing and facilitating spaces for analysis, discussion, critical reflection and learning.
To reinforce its Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact (PAI) Program, swisspeace is looking for a
Program Officer with focus on innovative results orientation and adaptive management (80-100%)
Starting date: 1 April 2020 (or by agreement)
The swisspeace Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact Program contributes to improved analysis, design, as well as monitoring and evaluation practice in international cooperation through advisory services and training. To do so, it supports international partners from the peacebuilding, development and increasingly the private sectors on advancing the application of conflict sensitivity, results orientation and theories of change. We aim to enhance our capacities to go beyond standard results orientation, M&E and ‘tick-the-box’ logframe-based approaches to increase the effectiveness and positive impact of peacebuilding and development interventions in complex, fast-changing environments.
• Contribute to swisspeace’s work in the framework of the Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact Program.
• Support partner organisations and clients to develop meaningful results orientation systems and to integrate conflict sensitivity and learning into their programs and institutions.
• Develop innovative approaches to adaptive management, including results orientation, theories of change and impact measurement in complex environments.
• Implement capacity building measures and trainings on peacebuilding design, monitoring & evaluation, conflict analysis, conflict sensitivity, and theories of change in fragile contexts.
• Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline.
• Strong interest in peacebuilding and the role of international cooperation in conflict transformation.
• Proven knowledge in fields such as result orientation in complex environments, measuring impact, agile project management, and monitoring & evaluation.
• Experience in peacebuilding or in supporting the implementation of development projects in contexts of conflict and fragility is desirable. Field experience is a strong asset.
• Proven facilitation and training skills.
• Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
• Excellent spoken and written English and French. Fluency in Spanish and knowledge of Arabic are assets.
• Ability and willingness for frequent international travel, including to conflict countries.
• Strong team player with a sense of humour and with an ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines.
• Good working conditions, flexible office hours and an attractive work place in the heart of Bern (with planned move of duty station to Basel in 2021).
• An inspiring job in an attractive and international field of work with political relevance.
• A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic and international institution.
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English, including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by 23 February 2020.
Please send your application to email@example.com mentioning ‘Program Officer PAI’ in the subject line. More information can be found at www.swisspeace.ch or received via telephone at +41 31 330 12 12.
JobAdInnovativeResultsOrientationAdaptiveManagement (PDF 91 kB)
T 031 330 12 12