swisspeace is a practice and research institute dedicated to advancing effective peacebuilding. It supports and advises local, national, and international actors relevant for peacebuilding, researches topics particularly relevant for peacebuilding practice, provides spaces for exchange and dialogue, and shapes peace policy in Switzerland and globally. swisspeace is an associated institute of the University of Basel.
To reinforce its Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact (PAI) program, swisspeace is looking for a
Program Officer – Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact (80-100%)
Starting date: 1 August 2023 (or by agreement)
The Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact (PAI) program is the methodology innovation hub of swisspeace. Research and practice insights shape our cutting-edge approaches, which help our partners and clients to improve analysis, management, and learning processes to ultimately increase the effectiveness and positive impact of their work in fragile and conflict-affected contexts. We are advancing conflict sensitivity and adaptive management both in research and policy as well as in institutional practice. We aim to increase our capacities to strengthen the use and understanding of innovative approaches to results orientation, M&E and measuring impact suitable for complex, fast-changing environments.
- Contribute to swisspeace’s work in the framework of the Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact Program.
- Advise partner organisations and clients to develop meaningful results orientation systems and to integrate conflict sensitivity and learning into their programs and institutions.
- Develop innovative approaches to understanding change in complex systems and how they can be applied by national and international organisations working in conflict contexts.
- Implement capacity building measures and trainings on peacebuilding design, monitoring & evaluation, conflict analysis, conflict sensitivity, and theories of change in fragile contexts.
- Strong interest in peacebuilding and the role of international aid in conflict transformation.
- Proven thematic knowledge of conflict sensitivity, results orientation in complex environments, and monitoring & evaluation.
- 3-5 years of work experience in peacebuilding or in supporting the implementation of development projects in contexts of conflict and fragility. Field experience is a strong asset.
- Proven facilitation and training as well as project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent spoken and written English and French. Knowledge of Arabic and German is an asset.
- Ability and willingness for frequent international travel, including to conflict-affected countries.
- Strong team player with a sense of humour and with the ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines.
- The possibility to shape an interesting position in an attractive field of work with political rele-vance.
- An annual salary as per experience of CHF 83’000 to CHF 95’000.
- Attractive working conditions and flexible office hours in Basel.
- A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic and international organization.
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English, including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by 16 April 2023. Interviews will take place in the first two weeks of May 2023.
Please submit your application through our online portal. Other means of application will not be accepted. More information can be found at www.swisspeace.ch or received by telephone at +41 61 551 56 99.
T +41 61 551 56 99