The Swiss Evaluation Society, SEVAL, was founded in 1996 to encourage dialogue and the exchange of information and experience about evaluation between politics, public administration, universities and consulting firms and to promote the quality and dissemination of evaluations.
The SEVAL now has some 500 members from all parts of the country. Members come from state universities (including the universities of applied sciences), private sector institutions (such as research offices) and the political and administrative sector (at all levels of the Confederation, i.e. the municipalities, cantons and universities).
- Annual conference and methodological workshops
- Study days on a dedicated topic
- Working groups dealing with specific, evaluation-related topics
- SEVAL (Research) Prize
- Development and updating of SEVAL quality standards
- Definition of the essential competencies (evaluators, evaluation managers – those managing evaluations on behalf of commissioners)
- Database of evaluators
- Database of evaluation training courses on offer
- Postings on Requests for Proposals / Calls for Tender
- Continuing education courses on offer
- Members’ information (SEVAL-Newsletter and SEVAL-Flash)
- LeGes Journal – Legislation and Evaluation